Greg: Creative Commons licensing for working groups, all our literature produced be made available for anyone to use. – Tabled to a later GA because Greg was not at the GA
Proposals for future:
Proposed by Billy: What if we leased empty city lot, paid insurance. Karen Uhlich, city council, asked “Do we have GA consensus. On concept of asking city if we can lease land. Just concept, no sense of how much yet.
Proposalss 2 and 3 deferred, will be rescheduled by Facilitation tomorrow
2nd would be liquidity manager -
3rd investments manager -
4th would be special projects manager ,
5th would be petty cash manager
Final Proposal -
- Proposal that OPL -PAC be terminated, and have OT pay fees related to terminated the PAC – Consensus
- Proposal to have GA at the main library this Saturday at 3pm (Robert via Shannon) – Consensus
- Proposal to create a committee of at least 5 people to act as a “governing body” for the Finance/Donations working group – Tabled until Saturday’s GA
- Proposal to have GAs at Armory Park because we can be there until 10pm (Chappel) – Tabled
- Proposal that Shannon and Jon make no further public announcements until they reconcile – Tabled
CONSENSUS: On Saturday, December 24, the Occupy Tucson General Assembly has agreed to officially start looking into private land for the purpose of setting up a more permanent encampment. Individuals are encouraged to do their own research and come back with ideas on Wednesday, January 4 for the 7pm General Assembly.
CONSENSUS: On Saturday, December 24, the Occupy Tucson General Assembly has agreed to put a call out for this upcoming Tuesday, December 27: we will be having an action. Show up at 11:30am and join us! Details will be available in person.
CONSENSUS: Occupy Tucson, until we agree to a permanent location, will continue occupying the sidewalk around Veinte de Agosto.
We are about to make a counter proposal. The city attorney wants to throw into the mix breaking the camp.
Final proposal : putting decampment on the table and putting the federal law suit on hold as long as all charges are dropped, office space downtown, city to do more for those who do not presently have an address.
We agree we will have an outside presence and take care of our homeless.
Consensus = YES !
GA meeting 4 times a week, MWFS, other days will be discussion. Amended to allow for flexibility, and there will be a GA at 6:00 pm the day following an eviction. There seems to have been consensus